About Me

My Photo
Brigide
I am a frazzled mother of 2 (4yrs and 14 months)that stays at home and attempts to keep house while crafting.
View my complete profile

Followers

What I'm Sewing To

Thursday, December 24, 2009

A quick and easy dinner

We got a smoker this fall and I am in love with it. We've smoked lots of chickens, a ham and even our Thanksgiving turkey breast. It is seriously nice to have a frozen bag of smoked chicken to make into a quick and easy meal. Here is my favorite.


This plate was for my little boy so it was light on the broth as to not let him get burned. It's the easiest thing to make, especially when you cheat. Here is my recipe.

  • 2 cans Progresso Chicken Noodle soup
  • 1 container of chicken stock
  • smoked chicken, as much or as little as you like
  • Rosemary, Thyme, Oregano, Sea Salt, Pepper, Bay Leaf all to taste
  • 1 package of frozen veggies, half steamed in the microwave.
Put the soup into a big pot add the chicken stock and spices. Defrost the chicken and throw it in, let it all heat for a bit on medium (15 minutes or so). Add the veggies at the last and heat them till tender enough for you and your family. Remove bay leaf and serve. Happy eating!

0 comments: