About Me

My Photo
Brigide
I am a frazzled mother of 2 (4yrs and 14 months)that stays at home and attempts to keep house while crafting.
View my complete profile

Followers

What I'm Sewing To

Friday, September 3, 2010

New Look

   Hello September, I'm so glad to see you! This summer has been brutal and I'm looking forward to the cooler weather you bring. Changing weather means changing blog design in my mind so I switched my palette for a more appropriate one.
   How do you like the new look? It feels all fall and dark clouds and storms and soothing rain.
   I admit I do revel in Fall. Gloom comes more naturally to me than cheer. I'm even listening to some Cure right now and it feels perfect!
   Something about darkness just speaks to me. I watched Labyrinth more times than I can count when I was a girl, maybe that's why these pictures make me squeal like a teenager..






  Maybe that's why Alan Rickman as Severus Snape just turns me on..





   Hmmm...maybe that's why I like to imagine my husband in leather pants and eyeliner too.... TMI, sorry.. See what Fall does to me?!
   I'm in need of a hair color change too, I think. I need to erase the highlights the sun has put in. A deep dark chestnut or maybe a nice dark scarlet.
   I can see myself standing by the gates of the cemetery, knee boots, awesome black wool coat, black tights, dark grey skirt, jewel tone shirt, scarlet hair blowing in the cold breeze, brown leaves scuttling down the sidewalk....
   Wow! Someone read Jane Eyre and similar books waay too often growing up. Speaking of Jane Eyre, Does anyone else think that Johnny Depp would be absolutely freaking amazing as Mr. Rochester??? No? Just me? oh..okay then.

   Anyway, weird imaginings aside...I'm hopefully going to be posting some tutorials here soon. I've never done them before so I'm sure the first ones will be awful. Please critique as needed, I'll try not to take it personally and actually correct problems you mention. Until then I'll be reveling in the cloudy day we're having...

1 comments:

brittney said...

I'm digging the new look! The Cure, Labyrinth and Johnny Depp all in the same post? I'm a fan! Though I could do without the visual of my brother-in-law in leather pants. :)