About Me

My Photo
Brigide
I am a frazzled mother of 2 (4yrs and 14 months)that stays at home and attempts to keep house while crafting.
View my complete profile

Followers

What I'm Sewing To

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Quick and dirty so as to keep clean

   The first soccer game is today and it rained yesterday and some today. Wet grass+11 month old baby = dirt ball.
   So I made a little waterproof blanket to romp on, or if it starts raining again we can use it as a poncho. It took about 15 minutes or so, pretty good for a Saturday morning last minute project :)
   I thought it might as well be my first mini-tutorial. Here it is then....









   I used the remainder of a flat sheet for the blue part and a vinyl tablecloth for the waterproof part. Here is a little mini-tutorial for those who didn't already know how to do one of these.
  • Pin right sides together.
  • Sew all around making sure to leave a gap in one of the short sides.
  • Trim the edges up and flip inside out.
  • Stitch around again closing the gap this time and Voila, you have a Quick and Dirty to Keep Clean Blanket.
  Hope that made enough sense. Have a great Saturday :)

0 comments: