About Me

My Photo
Brigide
I am a frazzled mother of 2 (4yrs and 14 months)that stays at home and attempts to keep house while crafting.
View my complete profile

Followers

What I'm Sewing To

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Soccer Practice




   Yesterday was the first soccer practice for the little man. Last year he played in the 3yr old league and he spent more time crying on the side of the field than playing. Boy, have things changed! He didn't stop running or kicking the whole 45 minutes he was out there. He slept soooo good last night :). It was worth the sign up fee for that alone.

   Little Ellie was practicing her model look on the sidelines. I wonder what sports she'll want to do. She's getting better at Peek-A-Boo and she's a champ at destroying things already.




   I'm working on some pajama pants on the sewing front, I have plans to make some for gifts and I need to test out my skills so I just *had* to make some for me first :).
  On the first try I used a vintage sheet that was not my style of print or color at all but I didn't want to sacrifice any of the good stash. I'm glad I didn't cut into a favorite, cause the first pair was a disaster. I put outside pockets on them, I hate jammies with no pockets. Other than a horrible color they were too short in the crotch and too long in the leg. Hello scrap pile here's your new addition.




   I cut the second pair out of some kona cotton so they are a bit stiff but I think they will wear well. I made some owl pockets for these. Something a little Halloweenish without being too much. I'm not sure I like the placement of them too much. May need to move them down a bit. I sewed them on before I did the elastic casing in the top. Live and learn, eh?


The Owls before they were sewn onto the pockets











   I did one other thing too......Hello Scarlet hair color! Now I'm ready for fall!




0 comments: