About Me

My Photo
Brigide
I am a frazzled mother of 2 (4yrs and 14 months)that stays at home and attempts to keep house while crafting.
View my complete profile

Followers

What I'm Sewing To

Friday, August 27, 2010
    I did manage to work myself out of my funk last weekend.
I think I may have even finished up a project in there.
   One of my husbands co-workers wife is pregnant so I made up a couple of blankets and this sweet little owl. She is a little lopsided but I don't think she minds too much.




     In other news my youngest sisters wedding is coming up next May and I have devised a plan of action. I'm going to make a fabulous dress from a Vogue pattern in a size... ah hem 12 and plan to fit in it by the wedding. Does that sound too optimistic? I'll feel awfully bad if I look like a sausage stuffed into a too small casing in the photos... Guess my sis will have to encourage me to lose weight ;) I have actually been to the gym once and worked out at home once this week. Baby steps and all that.


    I cannot wait for Fall weather! I'm soooo tired of unrelenting heat and humidity. I want to make pumpkin soup and spiced coffee and sit on the deck in a sweater and not be bitten by a million mosquitos. I want to plant my Fall mums and enjoy the color of the leaves. We're taking the kiddos pumpkin picking this year and I'm excited about it! Fall come quick and stay late!





   My sweetly rotten little Elleanore (or as we call her, Devilmore) is almost 1 year old! She's a tiny thing so far, only 14 1/4 pounds and 24 inches tall. I have an awful time finding clothes that fit her right. Pants in the right age are way too long, but tops in the same range are too short or too tight. This is okay when you're buying separates but as we get into cooler weather she'll need lots of warm suits for sleeping in and stuff and those are hopeless. I put socks on her today to see how she'd react and she FLIPPED out, went totally nuts until I took them off. She's started biting when nursing now too. She may be small but she's got 4 teeth fully in and another 2 on the way. She's eating lots of regular foods now and has learned how to drink out of a straw which makes it soo much easier.

   Anyhow, that's the news for now maybe I'll be back this weekend with more postage. Toodles!

1 comments:

brittney said...

Elleanore is so sweet in that picture! I miss her so much. :(