About Me

My Photo
Brigide
I am a frazzled mother of 2 (4yrs and 14 months)that stays at home and attempts to keep house while crafting.
View my complete profile

Followers

What I'm Sewing To

Friday, August 20, 2010

Weekend

   Well peeps, it's the weekend. Normally that would engender some sort of excitement or anticipation of good times but I just can't manage it right now. I'm feeling a bit blah about things.
    Teaching the alphabet to the boy child isn't going very well and I can't seem to get my projects on track. I haven't been to the gym in 6 weeks and it's been too hot to go for walks outside. Like I said, BLAH.
   Do any of you visit Etsy and then regret it? Not because you can't afford the wonderful things you see there or because there just isn't enough time in the day to browse all of the jewelry but because you immediately feel like it's futile for you to put anything up for sale there because inevitably, someone else has it listed and it's ten times better than anything you could do? Long winded and possibly grammatically disastrous question, I know.
   I don't know why I expect to be better than other people at the things I do. Does it come from being raised in the "Everybody is special" generation? Is it sheer ego? It's times like these that the name of my blog is very appropriate. I'm sure I'll work myself out of my funk, just wanted to share it around with you. Happy Weekend!

p.s. This picture makes me feel better, a little. The one on the left is my Husband and the one on the right is our best friend. And yes, they are wearing bras. It was my MIL's 50th B-day.....

1 comments:

brittney said...

This photo makes my day a little brighter too...thanks for sharing. :)