About Me

My Photo
Brigide
I am a frazzled mother of 2 (4yrs and 14 months)that stays at home and attempts to keep house while crafting.
View my complete profile

Followers

What I'm Sewing To

Friday, January 22, 2010
    So I did finish that Fairy dress I posted about. I wasn't in love with how it turned out so there are few pictures to prove my claim of finishing. The tulle skirt was nice but the top was just 'meh'. I always feel like I never get enough done somehow, and then I sit down and think about what I actually get finished and it makes me feel a little better. The following items were all accomplished from last Friday till now:

    I finished up a child's apron, plotted on making a chef's hat and maybe some play food to go with it for another birthday niece.

    I have most of the pieces for a second fairy dress of a different pattern, finished the shift part of that already and I like it better than the other one.

    I've been dreaming up a crazy sort of pattern for an 18th Century dress for a birthday present. I have a niece with long blonde hair and very blue eyes who would just be too Marie Antoinette for words if I can convince her momma to let me play a bit....

    I have an order into Spoonflower for a quilt top for a beloved birthday sister. It won't be finished in time but I'm amazed I got the fabric designed for it.

    I have a baby quilt in percolating in my brain for an as-yet-unborn second cousin (girl). Also will be making her a few receiving blankets, can never have too many of those.

    Organized under the sink in the bathroom, only took me 5 hours to sort through 7 years of accumulated makeup, skin care, shampoo, first aid, styling equipment.

    Got rid of two gigantic bags of toys from my little boy's room. They were passed onto some cousins who will play with them way more than he did.

    Bottled beer, it will be ready January 30th! Woot!

    Husband put up shelves in the laundry room and I can see the tops of my washer and dryer for the first time in 3 years.

    Husband brewed a batch of Irish Stout that is fermenting.

    Caught up on Laundry, well....mostly.


Not too shabby for a weeks work ;)

0 comments: