About Me

My Photo
Brigide
I am a frazzled mother of 2 (4yrs and 14 months)that stays at home and attempts to keep house while crafting.
View my complete profile

Followers

What I'm Sewing To

Thursday, January 14, 2010
I was really craving some hummus today after the gym (we've been every day this week!) so I started rounding up my ingredients and remembered I had thrown out my Tahini before Thanksgiving. I decided to make it anyway, what the hey eh?. I substituted 1/2 a cup of Greek yogurt (plain) and 1 tablespoon of olive oil mayo for the Tahini and you know what, it actually turned out pretty damn good. It's chillin in the fridge right now waiting for some pita bread to magically appear....


Hummus in a Pinch Recipe

Ingredients

  • 2 cups canned garbanzo beans, drained
  • 1/3 cup tahini or 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt and 1 Tblsp olive oil mayo
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice (might knock this down a bit for texture reasons, its a bit soupy without the tahini)
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cloves garlic, halved
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 pinch paprika
  • 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
Toss everything into a blender and mix till smooth. I also add cumin, cayenne and ground pepper to taste. Chill for an hour or so and enjoy the crafty substitution that has you eating Hummus on a Thursday. :)

1 comments:

Liz said...

Sounds good. I love hummus. I might just have to make some for lunch, perhaps some falafel too.