About Me

My Photo
Brigide
I am a frazzled mother of 2 (4yrs and 14 months)that stays at home and attempts to keep house while crafting.
View my complete profile

Followers

What I'm Sewing To

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Duckie Attack and Mattressessssss's (or something)






    I managed to complete at least one project since the last post. Little Elleanore, the one in the picture above that is being attacked by the duckie, is starting to pull up on the co-sleeper so it won't be long before she can take a header straight out of it so it's time to put her in the big play-pen. It has a very hard uncomfortable pad in it and it needed something more suitable for sleeping on but I just can't buy one of those horrible poly-vinyl covered toxic mattresses, I know they are waterproof but....ick! And anyway, who could sleep on that with the crinkling and stuff? Natural mattresses cost an arm and a leg and the play-pen isn't a regular crib size so we'd have to special order one of those.




    So, instead of all that I made one for it. I found some foam that was mostly chemical free and some Warm & Natural batting. I sewed two layers of batting to two different pieces of material and sewed it together on three sides like a pillowcase. On the fourth side I put some velcro closures on it so it can be washed like a duvet cover. She seems to like it okay. Haven't tried putting her down to sleep in it yet, keep your fingers crossed. Her dollies like it too...







    I'm sewing together a dress for my mom and have some plotting to do for various other projects.

    We are attending a wedding this weekend and I'm actually getting my haircut tomorrow!!!! I haven't had a haircut since before the baby was born! I'll be sure to post some before/after photos so you can ooooh and ahhh or some junk. See ya.

0 comments: