About Me

My Photo
Brigide
I am a frazzled mother of 2 (4yrs and 14 months)that stays at home and attempts to keep house while crafting.
View my complete profile

Followers

What I'm Sewing To

Friday, June 18, 2010

Day 10 and counting

   Did I mention I'm a momma? Well, I am....and everything that goes with that...especially screaming baby's (she cried for half an hour even though she was super tired and should have gone to sleep).





   Yep, this is me on Day 10 of the husbands out of state training.... Glorious isn't it? Day 10 of doing all of this by myself with no help. Only 10 more to go......sigh.




   Enough self-pity. I have been managing to get a few crafty things done but no good pics right now. I have many many works in progress but little done.
   I find that I despise sewing patterns. It's not so much that they are horribly fiddly, easy to rip, impossible to fold back up or NEVER in my size, no I resent the authority they represent (sounds ridiculous, doesn't it?)
Here is the convo in my head: "But why do I have to put the notch there? It would be better over here." "Who said I need 3 yds of fabric, I can do it in 2" "This piece doesn't need interfacing, I'm sure it will be fine without it." "Why doesn't this f*&$ing thing fit after I spent so much damn time on it??"
   So, I've decided to cast off patterns and just sew without. I won't be sewing garments for myself this way, just the children. I won't be sewing garments for myself at all because I find it utterly depressing that my hip size requires 4 yards of super-stretch fabric to accommodate it. Thus there will be no sewing until those numbers shrink a little bit, oh say fifty pounds worth.
   Anyhow, hope the rest of you are having a lovely Friday and Father's Day weekend and all that stuff. I'll be here thwarting those sewing patterns by eating more chocolate (that'll teach you not to come in my size, hmph!)

0 comments: