About Me

My Photo
Brigide
I am a frazzled mother of 2 (4yrs and 14 months)that stays at home and attempts to keep house while crafting.
View my complete profile

Followers

What I'm Sewing To

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Spring came back!

Hello hello again! Spring decided to come back for a bit so we got to do some outside work. We had two huge yew bushes in front of the house that I have always despised so last Sunday we did something about them. We yanked them out of the ground! YES!







I was worried the whole time that something bad would happen so I didn't get any good action shots. Luckily it worked like a charm and ripped most of them right out. Now I have some roses planted in there (hard to see right now) and I'm planning on putting in some blueberry bushes on the edges and annual flowers in the front of the flower bed to brighten it up a bit :). I am so so so glad to have those ugly shrubs gone! Apparently I hated them so much I have no pictures of them at all so no before pics for you.

The seedlings I planted a while back managed to all die so I had to reseed. The new little ones are coming right along and they should be good for planting once the frosts have all gone away.

Inside the house has been busy busy as well. I finished the fancy dress for my niece and ended up with enough left over to make her a cute little draw string purse to go with it.




Since I wrapped all that up so quickly I whipped up an everyday sort of dress for her too.


It's fun sewing for little girls and I have a lot of stash fabric that fits the bill.



After doing up the little dresses I decided it was time to finally sew myself something. I settled on Burda pattern 7695 and used a really pretty white cotton with small flower sprigs on it. It's a bit see through so I'm putting a liner in it so I feel comfortable wearing it out but I LOVE IT! It is just so cute and I'm so proud of myself for making a garment well enough that I will actually wear it out of the house.




*Please ignore the fatness of the model, she eats too much chocolate.


This was the first Burda pattern I've done. I was impressed with the clarity of the instructions and with how easy it was to construct the dress. Every pattern I've done before this one has you put the zipper in near to the last and this one had it at the beginning. GENIUS! It was so much easier to install it first thing. There were no bothersome notches to cut when you cut out the pieces and everything went together beautifully. The sleeves were super easy too and I have never done a better job of setting a sleeve in my life! I will definitely be checking out more of their patterns.

Next on my list are a couple of baby gifts, one girl and one boy, that need to be done pretty soon. I'm thinking fleece blankets, pacifier clips, and a stuffed animal should do nicely. All from stash fabric too (love fleece remnants). Guess that's all the news for now. See ya!

0 comments: