About Me

My Photo
Brigide
I am a frazzled mother of 2 (4yrs and 14 months)that stays at home and attempts to keep house while crafting.
View my complete profile

Followers

What I'm Sewing To

Wednesday, February 17, 2010







We had a lovely anniversary dinner on Saturday. I made Guinness Beef Stew and Chocolate and Vanilla Guinness Floats, courtesy of The Hungry Mouse and her recipes. I made her Rye bread last Thursday and it was spectacular, so the remains of that went with the stew. The floats were a bit odd for me ( not a huge stout fan) so I don't think we'll repeat those but I'd like to try it with vanilla ice cream and a good summer wheat beer, now that could be good :).








I got some beautiful flowers and... a Card!! My husband ACTUALLY bought me *gasp* a CARD! This is nearly unheard of, hence the dramatization. I also got a new Mp3 player since mine wasn't holding a charge anymore, and he bought himself a holster for his present. He's one of those men that you really can't buy for unless you know everything about guns, knives, ammo, fishing, etc. I'm happy to let him buy his own presents.












I've been slacking on my sewing projects lately so not a lot to tell on that except for that I got my sister's quilt sandwiched and started stitching a bit on it. I'm trying to stitch some of the letters and shapes instead of just boring straight lines. I use the Warm and Natural batting so I don't have to do a whole lot on a small quilt like hers.



My little boy has been a bit sick, doc says it's a sinus infection. He's in the midst of a course of Anti-biotics ( I hate giving my kids medicine like that unless its absolutely necessary). They seem a lot yuckier than when I was a kid. The littlest one has her well baby appt. on Thursday so we'll see how she's growing. She still seems so tiny to me. She's 5 months now and has just now started to outgrow her newborn size clothes. I see a lot of altering of clothing in this momma's future, guess it's a good thing I'm handy with a needle....







p.s. Can you guess where my children get their beautiful blue eyes?

0 comments: