About Me

My Photo
Brigide
I am a frazzled mother of 2 (4yrs and 14 months)that stays at home and attempts to keep house while crafting.
View my complete profile

Followers

What I'm Sewing To

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Did you wear your party hats?

 Happy New Years!




   With two children it seems to be a low-key affair these days but fun none-the-less. It's also a birthday, hubby is 29! Eek!

   We had a lovely Christmas and the handmade gifts were well received. I demanded a handmade gift from my husband and he made me this on a pillowcase:



(Yes, we are gaming nerds)


   Still it was a lot of effort for my manly man to sit and patiently stitch it out. Lol.

   He also bought me a Husqavarna Huskylock s15 Serger. It's a little bit intimidating and I haven't quite managed to get the tensioning right on it yet. I'm going to scour google and pick the brains of all the sewing people I know to get it fixed up. Then I shall conquer the world! Mwahahaha!

   I'm working on a Sashiko stitched quilt for my husband and after that I'm thinking I need to try another garment for myself. Maybe I'll actually wear this one.

   Hope everyone had wonderful Holidays and feels ready for the New Year! See you, around.

0 comments: